We respect one another
• We expect mutual respect between staff, between students and between staff and pupils.
• We aim to prepare young people for adult life through teaching the rights and responsibilities of being a member of a community.
We value the wellbeing of all staff and pupils
• We aim to develop good self esteem and self confidence in a positive environment.
• We aim for all staff and pupils to feel safe, supported, cared for and protected, so that we can try new things and be ourselves.
• We will work together to achieve an atmosphere of trust where staff and pupils know their viewpoints and feelings are valued.
• We will endeavour to promote a sense of happiness around the school; to provide a happy, safe and secure working atmosphere for all.
We expect the best
• We believe that our expectations will lead to personal achievement and success that is a right for all.
• We strive to have a can-do attitude.
• We recognise and value the contribution of all members of the school community.
We value cooperative working
• We are committed to working together as a whole school so that each individual feels valued.
• We strive to achieve good teamwork which will support everyone within the school community.
We recognise that everyone is an individual and we value diversity
• We value and respect diversity; we actively celebrate diversity within our own community.
• We promote and provide equal opportunities and equity of provision.
• We recognise that different people have different needs and we strive to meet the needs of all within the school community.
We value learning
• We are a learning school that recognises the right of all to lifelong learning.
• All members of the school community work together to ensure that learning at The Birches is meaningful, challenging and fun.