WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS:-
Parental Support Adviser Vacancy
Grade 5 £26,873 - £29,777 (full time pro rata £23,116 - £25,614)
Permanent TTO (39 weeks) 21 hours per week (flexible)
116 - £(NQT’s will be considered)
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and empathetic Parental Support Adviser. The Birches School supports pupils with a range of additional needs (e.g. SLD, ASC, PMLD) so knowledge and experience of SEN is essential as is an understanding of Autism and how best to support individuals with a diagnosis of ASC. We are a vibrant school community and welcome applications from positive and enthusiastic candidates with the determination to secure the best possible outcomes for our pupils and families.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has empathy and understanding of different family circumstances and barriers to learning
- Has experience and an understanding of children within their family context and the ability to develop a rapport with pupils and their families
- Has significant experience of working with children, young people and their families
within the field of education, social care, community or voluntary sector.
- Has a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire parents and carers, has energy and a relentless positive approach
- Has an up to date knowledge of current legislation including processes such as Early Help Assessments
We can offer you:
- A role in a vibrant and caring school community
- A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
- A well-resourced environment and school
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A challenge
- Fantastic pupils and families!
The successful applicant must be able to work effectively with the whole school community including families, Governors, staff and pupils. Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post. This post requires enhanced DBS clearance. The school is committed to the safeguarding of children. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered. CVs will not be accepted. References will be requested prior to interview. No telephone calls or emails from agencies please.
Closing Date: Friday 26th January (noon)
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 29th January 2024
School Administration Manager
Grade 6 £30,825 - £33,945 ( £26,515 - £29,198 pro rata)
Permanent TTO (39 weeks)
The Birches is an outstanding school for primary aged children with a range of special educational needs. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a positive and innovative team that aims to provide high quality support for our children and their families.
We require a proactive and reflective practitioner that can make a positive impact on systems and procedures.
We are looking to appoint a professional, enthusiastic, hard-working administration manager to join our effective team. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a busy and varied office environment, must be self-motivated and able to work to deadlines.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent financial, admin and ICT skills
- Experience of working in a school office
- A good working knowledge of SIMS
In return we can offer:
- A positive, friendly and highly supportive atmosphere
- A committed staff team and Governing Body to work alongside
- A challenge
- Fantastic pupils!
This post requires enhanced DBS clearance. The school is committed to the safeguarding of children. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Lunchtime Support Assistants - Grade 2
We are looking to appoint Lunchtime Support Assistants to provide high quality support over lunchtime, supporting healthy eating, a range of lunchtime clubs, feeding and changing students as appropriate.
Please note: In the current circumstances as a school we have to prioritise maintaining a COVID secure environment in all our operating procedures. We will equally apply this to all our recruitment procedures.
However, all candidates will have to be flexible to the realities that we may have to change the recruitment process at short notice possibly due to last minute self isolation of bubbles, classes or individuals involved in our recruitment process. Unfortunately such circumstances are beyond our control.